- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup green beans, halved
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 14 oz diced tomato
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup canned artichoke heart
- ½ cup (15 g) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered, for garnish
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes until it is fragrant.
Add the yellow bell peppers, red bell peppers, and green beans. Cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until tender.
Add the rice, paprika, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Stir until incorporated. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the rice starts to sizzle.
Add the canned tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes until the liquid has evaporated slightly.
Add the vegetable broth, turmeric, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil on high heat. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice, about 10 minutes.
Add in the peas and artichokes. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and let sit covered for 10-15 minutes.
Sprinkle the fresh parsley. Serve with lemon.